What you need for your new website
For the development of the desired website you will need:
- A list of desired domain names to see if available .com .org .net
- A list of pages desired. HOME EVENTS ACTIVITIES DOCUMENTS LOCATION CONTACTS ?
- Content (words and information) desired to be on the site?
- Desired electronic formatted logo’s unless in need of a logo designed or edited.
- If wording is desired to be exact, I can accept any text provided or I can write the content.
- Photos or I can take them as needed.
- Documents that are desired to be on the site. PDF's etc....
Provided by Finger Lakes Web Works:
- Develop a website that is acceptable to the customer.
- To put this website online (host the site).
- Optimize the website for best search engine function.
- Submit the website and sitemap to Google to be found.
- To acquire and point the desired domain name to the website.
A website is your online business card to find contact information, location, info on events or link to related events, clubs, or information. It’s your online presence and searchable over the web. Let social media be your dynamic changing platform and the website to be your static representation. The more frequent your site changes the slower search engines are to react to the changes which at times can create dead links. The best thing is to keep the site as a static place for data that doesn’t often change.
If using the website as a tool such as ecommerce or information gathering, that is a more advanced website that can be explored.
Finger Lakes Web Works has dealt with many clubs and leadership changes over the years from youth sports leagues to volunteer organizations. At times, the sitting leadership aspires to have online member management or member payment portal (ecommerce). They’ve asked to edit the site themselves. The board over time changes and the incoming board has other ideas. No one needs a second job. The KISS method is the best (keep it stupid simple).